Worker's Compensation | Federal Worker's Compensation

Schedule an Appointment


At The Right Spinal Clinic, we offer comprehensive Worker's Compensation and Federal Worker's Compensation care and treatment.

Being injured at work can be an overwhelming experience. Not only will you worry about your injuries, you worry about your family, income, and medical bills as well. 

We understand how important it is for you to quickly get back to full health. You need a well-functioning body not only for work but to enjoy your daily life. 


Experienced Worker's Compensation Doctor

At The Right Spinal Clinic, you'll be provided timely care from the initial diagnosis to treatment and into rehabilitation. Our team of experienced doctors and medical staff will be supporting you until you are fully healed. We also make sure that you'll have the proper documentation you need for your claim.

Individualized & specialized Quality Care

As our patient, you'll get individualized care for your work-related injuries and conditions. With the help of our medical team and advanced technology, you'll have reduced time away from work and life.

Convenient In-House Treatment and Testing

Our facility offers accurate diagnostic testing and comprehensive treatment programs. You'll get reliable information for your claim and you don't have to travel to different offices to get your treatment.

Injured at Work?

Get the quality care and treatment for your work-related injuries at The Right Spinal Clinic

Contact us at (813) 392 2164 or fill out our online form to request an appointment.

Schedule an Appointment


What is Worker's Compensation?

Worker's Compensation is a state insurance program that provides wage replacement, medical treatment, and other benefits to employees who are injured on the job or who acquired work-related illnesses.

What is considered a workplace injury?

In the Florida Worker's Compensation System, you have to be at work, doing your work-related responsibilities, for your injury or illness to be qualified. 

Here are some of the most common Worker's Compensation claim:

  • Slip, trip and falls
  • Sprains
  • Overexertion 
  • Struck by an object
  • Electrocution
  • Exposure to harmful substances

What injuries does it NOT cover?

A Worker's Compensation can be denied for a lot of reasons including the following:

  • Self-inflicted injuries
  • Crime-related injuries
  • Stress
  • Injuries incurred while under the influence of alcohol or drugs
  • Injuries caused by violating company policy
  • Injuries caused by fighting or horseplay started by the employee
  • Injuries incurred off work or after termination
  • Injuries incurred if you're an independent contractor or freelancer

How to file for a worker's compensation claim in Florida?

  1. Report The Injury

The first thing you need to do is to make a formal written report to your employer. You only have 30 days from the onset of your work-related injury to do so. Otherwise, you will lose your rights to the worker's compensation benefits. This is also the best time to obtain all the details regarding your injury. If you got involved in a work-related accident, take photos of your injuries and the scene of the accident.

  1. Get Medical Attention

When you are speaking to your doctor, make sure that you thoroughly describe the symptoms of your condition. Unfortunately, not all doctors treat work-related injuries. That's why if you request an appointment, make sure that you specify the nature of your visit.

At The Right Spinal Clinic, we accept online appointments and walk-ins for your work-related injuries. You'll also be provided with the complete and proper documentation you need for filing a claim. These documentations are needed to validate your injury, making it hard for your employer to dispute your claim. 

  1. Fill Out Form DWC-1

After receiving a diagnosis and making a formal report, you and your employer will fill out the DWC-1 form. The purpose of the DWC-1 form is to gather information about the injured employee, employer, accident, and the work-related injury sustained. Once the form has been filled out, it should then be submitted directly to the insurance company.

  1. Consult a Lawyer

If your employer doesn't report to the insurance company, or if there's a dispute to your claim, it would be best to consult a lawyer. Your lawyer will make sure that you receive all the benefits you are entitled to under the Florida Worker's Compensation Act. They would also help you with filing an appeal if ever your claim gets denied.


What is a federal worker's compensation?

The Federal Worker's Compensation Act (FECA) provides worker's compensation to a federal or postal worker who sustained work-related injuries or illness.

What does it cover?

If you are a federal employee who got injured at work, your worker's compensation will be covered by FECA. Same as the state's worker's compensation, for an injury or illness to be qualified, it should be sustained while performing work-related duties. Under FECA, you'll be entitled to payment of your medical bills, rehabilitation, and some lost wages.

What does it NOT cover?

The Federal Worker's Compensation does not cover injuries or illnesses caused by activities outside of work such as commuting and any personal activities. The following would also deny your rights to the Federal Worker's Compensation:

  • Intentional misconduct
  • Self-inflicted injuries
  • Injuries sustained while intoxicated or under the influence of drugs

How are "Traumatic Injury" and "Occupational Disease or Illness" different?

The benefits a federal employee receives will depend if an injury is considered a "traumatic injury" or an "occupational disease or illness".

An injury is considered a traumatic injury if it is caused by an external force on the body. An example of this would be falling off scaffolding or slipping on the kitchen floor while working. It should occur within a single day at work. You should be able to determine the specific time and date of the incident, and the affected parts of your body.

On the other hand, an occupational disease or illness occurs over a longer period than one workday. This results from repeated strain, infection, or repeated exposure to dangerous fumes at work. An example of this would be developing Carpal Tunnel Syndrome from repetitive hand motions at work.

How to file for a federal worker's compensation claim?

  1. Report The Injury

Same as the State's Worker's Compensation, you have to notify your supervisor with your work-related injury. You have only 30 days as from the date of the injury to file a claim. Unless it's a life-threatening emergency, then you should go to the hospital immediately.

  1. Get Medical Attention

Get medical attention from a physician who is familiar with the process for the federal worker's compensation. At The Right Spinal Clinic, our doctors and staff are experienced in handling work-related injuries on federal employees. We are willing to assist you with the process and provide you with quality care and treatments.

  1. Fill Out OWCP Forms

If your injury is considered a "traumatic injury" fill out the Federal Employee’s Notice of Traumatic Injury and Claim for Continuation of Pay/Compensation (CA-1) form.

If the injury you sustained is considered an "occupational disease or illness", fill out the Notice of Occupational Disease and Claim for Compensation (CA-2) form.

Once done, submit the form to your department head. They will then fill out their portion on the form and send it to the Office of Worker's Compensation Programs (OWCP) district office.

  1. Consult With a Federal Worker's Compensation Attorney

If you need help filing your claim or your claim gets denied, you can consult with an attorney. Your attorney can help you get the maximum benefits you are eligible to receive.

Worker's Compensation - doctor smile checking diagnostic


Regardless if you're a private-company employee or a federal employee, The Right Spinal Clinic is here for you. We are dedicated to treating your work-related injuries so you can get back to work safely and quickly. You'll be provided with the best medical care and physical therapies you need.

All our staff is trained to provide assistance and promptly submit the necessary medical documentation. The Right Spinal Clinic is on your side.

For any medical needs, you can visit us at 4019 W Waters Ave Ste E, Tampa, or give us a call at (813) 392 2164. You can also fill out our online form to request an appointment.
Schedule an Appointment

Injured from work or an auto accident?

Let us help you recover quickly and safely.
Schedule an Appointment
The Right Spinal Clinic
/  5 based on
Customer Reviews