Heart disease remains the leading cause of death for both men and women in America. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), cardiovascular diseases kill about 655,000 Americans every year, accounting for 1 out of every 4 deaths!
Am I at Risk for Heart Disease?
While everyone is at some risk for heart disease, you are at higher risk if you:
- Have poor dietary habits
- Have high blood pressure
- Have high cholesterol
- Don’t get enough exercise or physical activity
Your age and family history can also be factors. You are at higher risk if:
- You are a woman over age 55.
- You are a man over age 45.
- Your parents or siblings had heart disease before age 55.
The good news is that there are many things you can do to prevent heart disease. Here are a few tips to keep your heart strong and healthy:
- Don’t smoke, or quit smoking and stay away from secondhand smoke.
- Eat well-balanced meals.
- Exercise regularly.
- Try to maintain your ideal weight.
- Control your blood pressure and cholesterol.
- Manage stress.
Finally, visit your physician for a thorough checkup.
The Right Spinal Clinic provides complete primary care and laboratory testing services. We have qualified and experienced doctors ready to take care of your health and wellness.
Our team also invests in the latest medical tools and equipment to provide you with the best services and most accurate lab results. Call us now and schedule an appointment!