Thanks to technological advancements, it is now easier and safer to achieve your health and fitness goals. Cryotherapy is one of the most popular health innovations today. In this blog post, we will discuss some of the benefits of cryotherapy. Read on.
What is cryotherapy?
Cryotherapy or cold therapy is a treatment that exposes your body to extremely cold temperatures for a very brief time. Whole-body cryotherapy sessions usually take 2 to 3 minutes.
Another type of cryotherapy is local cryotherapy, which can target specific body areas. This treatment can be administered through coolant sprays, ice massage, ice baths and ice packs. The Right Spinal Clinic
provides whole-body cryotherapy
sessions. We have one of the most advanced whole-body cryo-chambers in Tampa Bay. Our skilled physicians and cryo-tech experts will guide you throughout your sessions. You can schedule your appointment
today to try this innovative treatment and begin experiencing its many benefits.
Benefits of Cryotherapy
Several studies have shown the effectiveness of cryotherapy. Here are some of the benefits of cryotherapy:
1. Helps Treat Arthritis
Patients suffering from rheumatic arthritis report:
- Improved general well-being
- Pain relief from swollen and inflamed joints
- Improved mobility
- 40 percent of patients also report that they have reduced use of painkillers
2. Helps Accelerate & Manage Post-Op Stress
Spending two minutes in a cryo-chamber triggers your body’s natural healing process by replenishing the bloodstream and providing oxygen, enzymes, and nutrients.
Other benefits of postoperative whole-body cryotherapy sessions:
- Reduce or alleviate pain from the operation
- Help treat inflammation from surgical trauma
- Boost immune system
- Accelerate the healing process
- Help manage post-surgery anxiety and depression
3. Promotes Fast Recovery After Exercise
Athletes were among the earliest believers in cryo treatment. Lebron James, Steph Curry, Floyd Mayweather and Usain Bolt are just some of the professional athletes who undergo cryotherapy sessions. According to them, spending two minutes in a cryo-chamber can help them recover from body pain and fatigue. Cry-therapy also helps athletes to:
- Reduce or alleviate pain from muscle soreness
- Speed muscle recovery after strenuous exercise
- Repair cell damage after exercise
- Improve blood circulation
- Increase metabolism rate
4. Alleviates Back Pain
Many people who suffer from chronic back pain experience great results after a few whole-body cryo sessions. Here is how cryotherapy can help with back pain:
- Exposure to extreme cold temperatures for two minutes is enough to reduce nerve and muscle pain.
- Repeated cryotherapy sessions can boost the presence of anti-inflammatory proteins
- Cryotherapy restricts blood flow to the trauma area, reducing pain and discomfort due to inflammation.
5. Delays Aging
Many people today include cryotherapy sessions as part of their beauty regime. Cryotherapy provides a rejuvenating impact on loose and mature skin. Here are some ways regular whole-body cryotherapy sessions can benefit your beauty and anti-aging routine:
- Boost collagen production
- Detoxify skin
- Replenish natural and essential skin nutrients and minerals
- Promote cell regeneration
- Reduce fat deposits
6. Eases Symptoms of Fibromyalgia
Nearly four million people in the United States suffer from fibromyalgia. According to health experts, this disease is usually linked to rheumatoid arthritis, infectious diseases, obesity, lupus, physical or emotional trauma, and hormonal changes.
Although fibromyalgia is not fatal, it could significantly affect a person’s quality of life. Cryotherapy can help ease symptoms of this condition by reducing inflammation, calming anxiety, and restoring the mind-body balance.
7. Improves Sleep Cycle
Many people who suffer from primary sleep disorders or insomnia have experienced improved sleep cycles after taking regular cryo sessions. Whole-body cryotherapy can help insomniacs by:
- Improving muscular metabolism
- Inducing psychological calmness
- Reducing body pain discomfort that can cause sleep disruption
Keep in mind that results may vary from person-to-person, but improvements have been observed after a week of daily whole-body cryotherapy sessions.
8. Helps Treat Migraine
50 percent of Americans who suffer from migraine episodes are forced to take sick leaves.
Cold therapies such as ice packs, cold compresses, and ice baths have been popular treatments for migraines for over 150 years. It is not hard to see why whole-body cryotherapy can help reduce or alleviate migraine symptoms.
9. Helps Treat Multiple Sclerosis
Regular cryotherapy sessions have shown great results for people who suffer from multiple sclerosis (MS).
- Pain management
- Reduce oxidative stress
- Reduce fatigue levels
- Improve endurance
10. Helps Manage Stress, Anxiety and Depression
Exposure to extreme cold temperature in a cryo-chamber can cause positive physiological hormonal responses, such as adrenaline, noradrenaline and endorphins. It can also help reduce cortisol (stress-inducing hormone) levels in the system.
- Improve sleeping patterns
- Mood elevation
- Memory enhancement
- Boost energy
These are just some of the many benefits of regular whole-body cryotherapy sessions. Call us now
and book your cryo session!